Stifflers Transmission Crossmember, 1979-93 Mustang (Fits AOD, T5 and TKO)
This unique single tube design adds stiffness and strength far beyond that of the OEM versions while offering versatility like no other. Simply slide the mounting sleeves and reposition the spacers to cover both automatic (AOD) and manual (T-5 and TKO) applications. The crossmember is engineered to work with OEM and aftermarket transmission mounts; all while maintaining your current pinion angle. Low deflection polyurethane bushings are used in the mounts to dampen driveline vibrations and noise. For racing applications the polyurethane bushings can be replaced by solid bushings. If additional vertical adjustment is required, offset bushings can be used to raise or lower the entire mount.
- Single tube design for maximum stiffness without excess weight.
- Easily adjust for AOD, T-5 or TKO transmissions.
- Engineered to maintain pinion angle when using either OEM or aftermarket transmission mounts
- Supplied with polyurethane bushings or can be replaced with solid mounting bushing for racing applications.
- Offset bushings can be used to raise or lower the entire brace.
- Allows more exhaust clearance than OEM style.
- Direct fit on all 4.5" wide crossmember mounts, 2.75" wide mounts will need relocated.